Prattville, Alabama was founded in 1839 by industrialist and architect Daniel Pratt. Pratt purchased approximately 1,000 acres $21.00 an acre, and set out to build his manufacturing facilities and the town along the banks of the Autauga creek. The location was chosen because the creek could supply power to the cotton gin manufacturing equipment. The town became an industrial center and rapidly grew. In 1868, it was named the county seat for Autauga County. Photo by Carol Highsmith.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:Alabama, Prattville, augusta creek, buildings, buy, commercial, download, editorial, historic, image, industrial, photo, photograph, picture, print, riverfront, vintage