Ford County, Kansas

Home to one of the wickedest towns in the Old West -- Dodge City; Ford County was created by a Legislative Act of 1867. Located in the southwestern part Kansas, it was named in honor of Colonel James H. Ford of the Second Colorado Cavalry, who was in charge of the construction of Fort Dodge after the Civil War. However, the region had been traveled through frequently, by pioneers along the Santa Fe Trail.

In addition to Dodge City, Ford County is also called home to several small towns including Bucklin, Spearville, Wright and Fort Dodge; as well as the near ghost towns of Bloom, Ford, and Kingsdown.

More Ford County

More Ford County

Dodge City

Dodge City