Truxton, AZ - Historic Beale Wagon Road and Welcome Sign
Truxton, Arizona, unlike most cities along the Mother Road, has no history prior to Route 66. In fact, it started only as a café and a service station in October 1951, when Donald Dilts built the services to accommodate the many wayfarers along the road. Photo by Jim Hinckley.
It's also on the historic Beale Wagon Road, built in the 1800's from New Mexico to California.