St Ignace, MI - Lighthouse

Originally an important fur trading site during French colonization, St. Ignace declined in importance by the 1830's.
The village was revived in 1882 by the railroad which connected the straits area to Detroit. St. Ignace was officially incorporated as a city in 1883 and today serves as a summer and fall tourist meca.

Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Lighthouses
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:

St Ignace, MI - Lighthouse