« Previous Next »
7 of 111 photos

Bannack, MT - Courthouse-Hotel Meade Vintage

In 1875, the Beaverhead County Courthouse was built, a building that still stands in Bannack today. However, just six years later, in 1881, nearby Dillon became the county seat and the courthouse was abandoned. The building remained empty until 1890, when it was purchased by Dr. John Meade, who remodeled it as a plush hotel. However, by this time Bannack was called home to only about 400 people, and the hotel was closed several times over the years, reopening whenever mining activity revived. Vintage photo restored by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Buildings
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Montana, bannack, beaverhead, buy, commercial, county, courthouse, download, editorial, gallery, ghost town, gold, grasshopper creek, hotel meade, image, mining, photo, photograph, picture, print, purchase, stock, vintage

Bannack, MT - Courthouse-Hotel Meade Vintage