« Previous Next »
17 of 58 photos

Laguna Pueblo, NM - Church - 3

Located about 45 miles west of Albuquerque, New Mexico is the Pueblo of Laguna. The largest of the Keresan pueblos, it is comprised of six small villages including Laguna, Paguate, Encinal, Mesita, Seuma, and Paraje.

The pueblo expanded rapidly, growing to the north, east, and west, with the main village of Laguna built into the soft, light-yellow sandstone slope on the west side of the San Jose River. The original buildings were built of stone and adobe, and the St. Joseph Church, which dates from 1701, continues to dominate the skyline.
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Subcategory:Churches
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:Church, Historic, Laguna, Native American, New Mexico, Spanish, download, photo, print

Laguna Pueblo, NM - Church - 3