« Previous Next »
50 of 128 photos

Lela, TX - School

Established in 1902, Lela, Texas was originally called Story and served as a station on the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf Railway. By the following year, the small settlement sported a school and a weekly newspaper called the Wheeler County Texan. That same year, it also gained a post office, as well as a postmaster, who changed the town's name to Lela after his wife's sister.
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:City Scenes
Subcategory:Buildings
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:attraction, buy, commercial, download, editorial, ghost town, highway, icon, image, lela, mother road, old, photograph, picture, print, purchase, route, route 66, school, sign, stock, texas, travel, vintage

Lela, TX - School