The first Langtry School was built on this site prior to 1900. A new school/church building replaced it in 1911 The academic year typically last six months or less. In 1934 the present schoolhouse was built for ten grades under one roof. The auditorium hosted many school, church and social activities. In the 1950s, Pumpville School consolidated with Langtry. In 1972, the Langtry children began attending school at Comstock. Today the building serves as a community center for the town. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.