Fallis, Oklahoma, located in Lincoln County, was founded in 1892, just south of an Indian village on the western edge of the Iowa Reservation
, in a wooded area and "on a long red hill." Originally named Mission 1892-1894, it was renamed in 1894 for its prime developer and first postmaster, Judge William Henry Fallis. Although the town is mostly abandoned today, and is nearly a ghost town
, during the early 1900s Fallis was a whistle-stop for several railroad lines, and was a thriving little community with stores, hotels, banks, lumber yards, and other businesses, as well as a city hall. The population may have reached 400 during this time. Fallis was the home of several accomplished authors and poets. In 2000, the census listed the population was 28 people.