The Bonneyville Mill had numerous owners up until 1898, when Cornelius Daily and his wife Lillie purchased it. Over the next several years the Daily's improved the Mill, including the addition of a dam constructed of limestone and handmade cement. Production increased over 5,000 bushels a year with the quality of the ground buckwheat renown by the "Famous Buckwheat Flour". The Mill would stay in the family until 1962, and then in 1968 it was bought by Elkhart County Chapter of Michiana Watershed, Inc., who presented it to the Elkhart County Park and Recreation Board in 1969. The Bonneyville Mill was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.