The old Lake County Courthouse, affectionately referred to locally as the "Grand Old Lady," designed by J.C. Cochran of Chicago, Illinois, ornate building has been a landmark in Crown Point, Indiana since its massive central section was erected in 1878. Retired as the house of county government, the ornate building now houses a medley of shops and a museum of local history. In front of the building, that is NOT a passerby walking her pooch. It's one of 11 life-sized trompe l'oeil painted bronze statues around town created by John Seward Johnson II. They are castings of living people of all ages, engaged in day-to-day activities. Photo by Carol Highsmith.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:carol m. highsmith, america, indiana, crown point, lake county courthouse, county courthouses, grand old lady, j.c. cochran, john seward johnson ii, john seward johnson statues