The first school in Wilson opened in 1881, along with a post office. At the time the post office was established, they named it Mrya, but then just months later changed it to Wilson after local sawmill owner Frank D. Wilson. A new public school was built in 1890.
This market sits empty in Wilson today. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.