Hedrick, Iowa was incorporated in 1883. A town of almost 800 now, it is named for Civil War General John Morrow Hedrick who encouraged its development.
Today this quiet farming community is known for its old brick main street and historic Union Depot, which hasn't seen a train since 1980. The city is undergoing an urban renewal plan to attract new home and business construction. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.