Ogden, UT - Peery's Egyptian Theater
Peery's Egyptian Theater was built after the fiery demise of the Arlington Hotel in 1923. Harman and Louis Peery devised a plan to build a grand theater, "The Showplace of the West". The architectural firm of Hodgson & McClenahan, notable for many important Wasatch Front landmarks, was hired for the task. They took cues from many of the most famous western theaters, including Grauman's Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, and settled upon an Egyptian-themed showhouse. Photo by Carol Highsmith.