A piece of re-created Fort Clatsop, near Astoria, Oregon. The fort was the encampment of the Lewis and Clark "Corps of Discovery" near the mouth of the Columbia River during the winter of 1805-1806. A replica, constructed for the journey's sesquicentennial in 1955, lasted for fifty years; it was severely damaged by fire in 2005, weeks before Fort Clatsop's bicentennial. A new replica, more rustic and rough-hewn, was built by about 700 volunteers in 2018.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:astoria, corps of discovery, fort clatsop, lewis and clark, oregon