The Southern Pacific Railroad Depot in Sanderson,Texas, was built in 1882. The wooden clapboard structure featured a two story central tower and an extensive porch that ran almost the entire length of the building. The Southern Pacific Railroad remained an important force in Sanderson until 1995, when it moved its crew change terminal elsewhere and abandoned the depot and other railroad structures. Though area residents tried hard to save this historic depot, it was razed in October, 2012. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander, 2011.