TeePee Curios opened on Route 66 as a Gulf gas station, grocery store, and souvenir shop in 1944. During road expansion in 1959, the teepee-shaped entrance was added and the gas pumps were removed. The neon sign was built in the mid-1960s and was restored in 2003. The souvenir shop is still open today. It is located at 924 E Rte 66 Blvd. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.