A re-creation of Fort Inglish. Built in the summer of 1837 by early settler Bailey Inglish in the form of a single blockhouse, sixteen feet square and topped by an overhanging story twenty-four feet square, probably surrounded by a log stockade, it was the cornerstone of what would grow into the city of Bonham in Fannin County, Texas. After the cessation of the Indian threat to white settlement in Northeast Texas in the early 1840s, Fort Inglish fell into disrepair and was eventually dismantled. Photo by Carol Highsmith, 2014.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:bailey inglish, bonham, fannin county, fort inglish, fortress, texas