The capitol building at Colonial Williamsburg, the world's largest living-history museum, in Williamsburg, Virginia. It housed the House of Burgesses from 1705, when the government of Britain’s Virginia Colony was relocated there from Jamestown, until 1779, when Richmond became the capital. Colonial Williamsburg is the world's largest living-history museum, boasting more than 600 buildings (88 of them original 18th-Century), more than 40 demonstration sites and trades, four historic taverns, and two art museums.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:carol m. highsmith, america, virginia, williamsburg, colonial williamsburg, living-history museums