The Grand Traverse Lighthouse in Northport, Michigan was first built at a different location in 1852, but was rebuilt here in a more visible location to passing ships in 1858. In 1900 it was converted into a two family dwelling, and continued "manned" operation until 1972 when it was closed and an automatic light tower erected. In 1986 it became part of the Michigan State Park system and was opened to the public. Photo by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.
No EXIF information is available
Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Keywords:Michigan, bay, buy, commercial, download, editorial, grand traverse, image, leelanau, lighthouse, peninsula, photo, picture, print, purchase, stock