Barbato's Garage on Route 66 in Avilla, Missouri was built in about 1930 by Tom Barbato. He was longest-term occupant of the building. The course rock building was a Phillips 66 station at one time. An office on the east side of the building was used by the local telephone company. It was last used and called the Endicott Garage before it was abandoned. Demolished today, it once stood to the east of the public square on the north side of Highway 96. Photo by Jack Margolies, 1979.