Fire Station, by Frederick D. Nichols, 1937. The old firehouse number 1, organized in September 1880, has been renovated today and serves as a Senior Center, as well as other city functions. Today, Tombstone has a volunteer fire department, much like it did back in its boomtown mining days.
As a result of quick wooden construction and a lack of water in the town during its heyday, two fires blazed through the camp, engulfing many of its buildings. Vintage photo restored by Kathy Weiser-Alexander.